Brand New Edition: Written by an electrician, for electricians.
This book explains
motor circuitry in a step-by-step logical sequence. Easy to follow. The author
nails down the details of control circuits, reduced voltage starters, and even
The troubleshooting guides make you a hero when you need the
answers in a hurry and production is waiting.Another Best Seller, and it should be.
This Edition contains 18 chapters (265 pages) of fully illustrated
diagrams and charts that explain control
components, controllers, overload relays, ladder diagrams, wiring
diagrams, pilot devices, Article 430 of the NEC, fuses, circuit
breakers, reversing circuits, motor deceleration, sequence control,
pump controls, duplex controllers, testing 9-lead motors, reduced
voltage starters, speed control, high voltage starter, power factor
Charts and sections National Electrical Code
are used along with standard electrical symbols, troubleshooting guide
and an index.
One more thought - this book has a chapter explaining ladder diagrams -
excellent presentation. Clears up the difference between a schematic, wiring,
and ladder diagrams and how they can be to troubleshoot
problems. One of the only book we carry that explains ladder diagrams and how to successfully use them.
Click on the Extended Information tab for Chapter Headings.
• Control Components--Definitions and Descriptions
• Understanding and Using Ladder Diagrams
• Using Pilot Devices for Motor Control
• Article 430 National Electrical Code
• Circuit Protection
• Reversing Control Circuits
• Motor Deceleration/Stopping
• Sequence Control
• Sequence Control
• Pump Controls
• Duplex Controllers
• Testing and Connecting Nine Lead Three Phase Motors
• Reduced Voltage Starters
• Speed Control of AC Motors
• High Capacity & High Voltage Starters
• Power Factor Correction Capacitors
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
• Control Enclosures